Monday, March 04, 2013

I really ran 9.5 miles?

It's starting to get real now. The long run has been steadily increasing and while it has been hard so far, it has been "doable". I would finish thinking "13.1 won't be that bad". It will be hard, but it is simply a matter of walk/run/walk/run. Endurance, not speed is my goal. Well, yesterday I ran 9.5 miles. Dude it was HARD...I ran out of GU the last 2 miles. I kept thinking 1 minute at a time, 1 minute at a time...My dad came to check on me and I had about 1 mile left and I told him I was fine, but I really, really wanted to crawl into the truck and let him drive me home, but I didn't. When the little voice in my earphones said, "Congratulations, now lets cool down"...I almost cried with relief. I walked the rest of the way to my starting point and stretched and ate and stretched again and again and again. I was stiff for about 3 hours after but by the evening, I was doing pretty well and today, I am HUNGRY, but other than that, I feel pretty good. This linebacker body of mine seems to be doing its thing and getting stronger. Let's not talk about the next long run (11 miles).

No comments: